Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Get Flocked

Already in my first testing post, I mentioned the great web browser Flock. But I forgot to tell you the history behind why I've suddenly changed browser from Mozilla Firefox to Flock.

It all started when I some days ago was searching for extensions for Mozilla Firefox, since I felt it had many parts missing. And when I came across the excellent extension Web Developer by Chris Pederick, it said it was "designed for Firefox, Flock, Mozilla and Seamonkey". Seamonkey was yet another Mozilla project, but the Flock one was maintained by another organization and seemed interesting.

Flock turned out to be based on Firefox (both being open source) but included tons of wonderful new features, like the web snippets bar, a great feed reader, the favorites manager, the differrent topbars that are integrated with social web services like blogging and photo sharing, etc...

All these astonishing new features in combination that I felt nothing was happening with Firefox, in fact less than with Micro$oft Internet Explorer, made me take the step. Firefox is a great browser, but Flock is better and is being updated almost every day.

If you are reading this, please download the latest testing build (yes, there are no public betas or final versions yet, simply testing builds, but since it's based on Firefox 1.5.0.3, it's at least as usable). Join me and many others: Get Flocked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home